ETAS is electrical installation testing, analysis, reporting and management software for Windows.
Users of ETAS currently include electrical contractors, building owners, facility services companies, maintenance teams, and site managers.Download Now
- No software or support subscription costs, licencing fees, per-seat costs, nag screens or license keys
- Free download, fully functional except for final report/certificate generation
- Flexible pricing — the inspector only pays for the reports that they generate
Huge time savings for both inspector and reviewer even on the smallest installations.
- Automatic flagging of over 100 symptoms of potential non-compliance
- Hundreds of searchable and customizable observation templates with default category codes
- Semi-automated entry of the lengthy Summary of Inspection based on observations recorded
- Fast data entry features, including missing field locator and circuit copy & paste
- Multiple inspectors can work in parallel and merge datasets later
Leverage Test Data
Any recipient of a signed-off report or certificate can, without compromising the report or certification carried out by a third party, download ETAS for free and use it to:
- Search for, identify and track electrical assets
- Manage multiple certificates across multiple installations
- Save time and cost at retest by exporting asset data from a previous report/certificate
- Maintain an accurate history of an electrical installation
ETAS is designed to record electrical installations in much greater detail than comparable software. This enables it to:
- Identify potential non-compliances
- Perform on-the-fly calculations to aid engineers while testing
- Provide end-users with a more accurate record of the system
- Generate the most comprehensive and detailed reports/certificates on the market View a sample
How much time do you as an inspector or reviewer spend verifying the test data and findings against the regulations?
ETAS can save you hours, if not days, when verifying large installations. For every non-compliance detected ETAS suggests a default, yet customisable, observation and category code.
|TT Earthing Systems||
Anywhere a TT system is employed on the installation verify that:
Calculations account for:
Verify size and material in relation to the phase conductor as outlined in BS 7671 by:
Calculations take into account:
The end report lists the smallest size in use (equivalent in copper in the case of steel or aluminum).
Calculations take into account multiple cables (in series and in parallel), multiple cable sizes, materials and methods of installation. The end report lists the minimum current carrying capacity cable.
|Protective Device Let-Through Energy||Where any protective devices in the chain afford let-through energy protection (e.g. BS88, BS1361 protective devices and some electronically controlled MCCBs), calculate and verify the let-through energy at all relevant points of insertion of a downstream protective device.|
Verify all types of RCDs and RCBOs (site, fuse board or circuit), including time delay models against the results entered.
Where an RCD/RCBO has been installed on a circuit, ask the user whether the RCD protects the whole circuit (e.g. if there are exposed conductive parts between the source protective device and the RCD).
|Maximum Zs Permitted by BS7671||
Verify earth loop readings against the calculated maximum permissible Zs taking into account:
Verify compliance of polarity, earth continuity (CPC) of the circuit, insulation resistance, ring main continuity, board RCD/RCBO, fuseway RCBO and circuit RCD readings.
ETAS is developed by a sister company of Electrical Testing Surveyors Ltd, a UK-based company specialising in electrical testing since 1992. Our clients include:
- Yeo Valley
- Arnold Clark
- ABN Plc
- BOCM Pauls Ltd
- WH Smith
- British Sugar Plc
- Rexel Group
- Nuffield Hospitals
- DS Smith
- University of Exeter
- Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital
Spurred by changes to the 17th Edition IEE Regulations, we completely rewrote and updated our in-house software in order to offer it to other electrical contractors and testing companies.
As an added benefit for owners of complex or multiple sites, we made it freely downloadable so that users can exploit test data for maintenance and record-keeping purposes without compromising the certification or reporting carried out by third parties.
The result is ETAS, a new concept in electrical testing software.
A large number of our clients are now using ETAS to maintain their electrical installations. We believe it is the most comprehensive electrical testing software on the market!